Phoenix shooting: Body of shooter positively identified
PHOENIX (KABC) -- Police say a body found in bushes at an Arizona suburb has been positively identified as the man behind the Phoenix office shooting.
A landscaper in Mesa found the body of 70-year-old Arthur Harmon on Thursday. On Wednesday, one person died and two others were wounded in the shooting, which broke out at a law office in north-central Phoenix.
Authorities say the rental car Harmon was using was found in a parking lot near his body.
Police said the shooting was was not random. According to investigators, the suspect shot and killed the CEO of a company he had a dispute with and critically wounded the company's attorney, as well as another person.
The shooting happened at the end of a mediation session over a lawsuit Harmon filed against the company in a contract dispute.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
shooting, national news
- Southern California heat expected to die down
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- 2 Chile earthquakes shake Pacific shoreline
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million 9 min ago
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians