Phoenix shooting: Body of shooter positively identified
PHOENIX (KABC) -- Police say a body found in bushes at an Arizona suburb has been positively identified as the man behind the Phoenix office shooting.
A landscaper in Mesa found the body of 70-year-old Arthur Harmon on Thursday. On Wednesday, one person died and two others were wounded in the shooting, which broke out at a law office in north-central Phoenix.
Authorities say the rental car Harmon was using was found in a parking lot near his body.
Police said the shooting was was not random. According to investigators, the suspect shot and killed the CEO of a company he had a dispute with and critically wounded the company's attorney, as well as another person.
The shooting happened at the end of a mediation session over a lawsuit Harmon filed against the company in a contract dispute.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
shooting, national news
- US teacher killed in Benghazi: officials
- Fast food workers protest, want $15 an hour 34 min ago
- The Game raises money for family of slain boy
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver
- LAPD seeing fewer qualified applicants
- LA council OKs restrictions on e-cig sellers
- UCLA police seek sexual battery suspect
- Cold snap moving across Southern California 21 min ago
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas wins special election
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- OTRC: Beyonce posts bikini pics, goes on vegan diet
- Oxnard nursery relieved plants didn't freeze
32 min ago
- Fugetsu-Do makes fresh, delicious mochi
10 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
23 min ago
- Ceremony honors LA's unclaimed dead
4 min ago