Bakery truck crashes, dangles over FL overpass ramp; 1 killed
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (KABC) -- One person was killed in a crash that left a bakery delivery truck precariously dangling over the edge of a freeway ramp in Florida.
The driver crashed through a concrete support in Fort Lauderdale early Wednesday morning on the ramp leading from a state road to Interstate 95.
Two people were inside the truck, which bears a sign for a Miami bakery. One of them was rescued, and the other was pinned inside and died of his injuries.
A tow truck ended up pulling the bakery truck back onto the freeway. It's unclear what caused the crash.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
car crash, national news
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- South Korea ferry sinks; 2 dead, 14 injured
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments