Bakery truck crashes, dangles over FL overpass ramp; 1 killed
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (KABC) -- One person was killed in a crash that left a bakery delivery truck precariously dangling over the edge of a freeway ramp in Florida.
The driver crashed through a concrete support in Fort Lauderdale early Wednesday morning on the ramp leading from a state road to Interstate 95.
Two people were inside the truck, which bears a sign for a Miami bakery. One of them was rescued, and the other was pinned inside and died of his injuries.
A tow truck ended up pulling the bakery truck back onto the freeway. It's unclear what caused the crash.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
car crash, national news
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk 58 min ago
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- 4 local brothers are all members of LAPD 57 min ago
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Over 2 million Internet accounts hacked
- Oscar Isaac can relate to 'Llewyn Davis'
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate