Bakery truck crashes, dangles over FL overpass ramp; 1 killed
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (KABC) -- One person was killed in a crash that left a bakery delivery truck precariously dangling over the edge of a freeway ramp in Florida.
The driver crashed through a concrete support in Fort Lauderdale early Wednesday morning on the ramp leading from a state road to Interstate 95.
Two people were inside the truck, which bears a sign for a Miami bakery. One of them was rescued, and the other was pinned inside and died of his injuries.
A tow truck ended up pulling the bakery truck back onto the freeway. It's unclear what caused the crash.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
car crash, national news
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- Inmate escapes jail hours after sentencing 19 min ago
- Ex-assemblyman arrested for domestic violence 51 min ago
- Flasher sought for exposing self at Brea Mall
- LA sheriff candidates faceoff in 1st debate
- Ex-Manson follower granted parole for 3rd time
- Malaysia plane search widens toward India
- abcnews: Amazon accused of cheating on free shipping
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Elderly couple's dog saved by rescue group
- OTRC: Elizabeth Olsen engaged, report says