Bush family emails, photos apparently hacked
HOUSTON (KABC) -- A hacker allegedly accessed private photos and emails sent among Bush family members, including both former presidents.
According to the Smoking Gun website, the hacker, who went by the online name "Guccifer," got access to the family's private information, including emails, photos, private telephone numbers and addresses of Bush family members and friends.
The website posted photos it said came from the hacker, including one that purported to show the elder Bush during his recent stay in a Houston hospital, where the 88-year-old spent months being treated for a bronchial infection.
The authenticity of the photos and other details on the website were not immediately confirmed. A spokesman for former President George H.W. Bush declined to comment on the reports.
The Secret Service said the agency was investigating and would not elaborate.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- First section of new 405 Freeway lane opens
- Fewer travelers expected Memorial Day weekend
- I-5 bridge collapses in Wash.; 3 injured
- Disneyland holding Monstrous 'All-Nighter'
- 405 North crash, fuel spill snarls traffic
- LA gang activity coordinated from Kansas home
- LB regulates loud mufflers w/ electronic sign
- 5.7-magnitude earthquake strikes NorCal city
- Covered California announces 13 health plans
- NASA wants astronauts on asteroid by 2021
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on pot charge
- OTRC: 'Hangover 3,' 'Fast & Furious 6' film reviews