Bush family emails, photos apparently hacked
HOUSTON (KABC) -- A hacker allegedly accessed private photos and emails sent among Bush family members, including both former presidents.
According to the Smoking Gun website, the hacker, who went by the online name "Guccifer," got access to the family's private information, including emails, photos, private telephone numbers and addresses of Bush family members and friends.
The website posted photos it said came from the hacker, including one that purported to show the elder Bush during his recent stay in a Houston hospital, where the 88-year-old spent months being treated for a bronchial infection.
The authenticity of the photos and other details on the website were not immediately confirmed. A spokesman for former President George H.W. Bush declined to comment on the reports.
The Secret Service said the agency was investigating and would not elaborate.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought 16 min ago
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- abcnews: Service dog helps girl in surgery
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation 33 min ago
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis