Bush family emails, photos apparently hacked
HOUSTON (KABC) -- A hacker allegedly accessed private photos and emails sent among Bush family members, including both former presidents.
According to the Smoking Gun website, the hacker, who went by the online name "Guccifer," got access to the family's private information, including emails, photos, private telephone numbers and addresses of Bush family members and friends.
The website posted photos it said came from the hacker, including one that purported to show the elder Bush during his recent stay in a Houston hospital, where the 88-year-old spent months being treated for a bronchial infection.
The authenticity of the photos and other details on the website were not immediately confirmed. A spokesman for former President George H.W. Bush declined to comment on the reports.
The Secret Service said the agency was investigating and would not elaborate.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Southern California heat expected to die down
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Chile earthquake: Magnitude-6.7 hits north coast 11 min ago
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million 20 min ago
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians