Idaho man facing assault charges, allegedly slapped child on plane
MINNEAPOLIS (KABC) -- A Minneapolis mother is shocked and demanding justice after a man allegedly slapped her fussy toddler on a plane.
The incident occurred as the two were seated next to a 60-year-old man on an Atlanta-bound flight on Feb. 8.
The 2-year-old boy reportedly started to cry as the plane got ready to land. Jessica Bennett said that's when Joe Hundley called the boy a racial slur and told her to "shut the baby up."
She said Hundley then took it a step further and slapped her son Jonah.
"I could not believe he would say something like that to a baby or about a baby and then to hit him," Bennett said. "I felt like I was in another world. I was shaking."
Other passengers then came to her aid and the two were given a new seat.
Since the incident, Bennett said the toddler has become apprehensive of strangers.
Hundley faces a federal assault charge. His attorney said he will plead not guilty.
arrest, child abuse, unbelievable, national news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found 15 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust 22 min ago
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere