Idaho man facing assault charges, allegedly slapped child on plane
MINNEAPOLIS (KABC) -- A Minneapolis mother is shocked and demanding justice after a man allegedly slapped her fussy toddler on a plane.
The incident occurred as the two were seated next to a 60-year-old man on an Atlanta-bound flight on Feb. 8.
The 2-year-old boy reportedly started to cry as the plane got ready to land. Jessica Bennett said that's when Joe Hundley called the boy a racial slur and told her to "shut the baby up."
She said Hundley then took it a step further and slapped her son Jonah.
"I could not believe he would say something like that to a baby or about a baby and then to hit him," Bennett said. "I felt like I was in another world. I was shaking."
Other passengers then came to her aid and the two were given a new seat.
Since the incident, Bennett said the toddler has become apprehensive of strangers.
Hundley faces a federal assault charge. His attorney said he will plead not guilty.
arrest, child abuse, unbelievable, national news
- Jameis Winston won't be charged in rape case 18 min ago
- Fast food workers protest, demand $15 an hour 56 min ago
- US teacher killed in Benghazi: officials
- Cold snap moving across Southern California 2 min ago
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- 2 deputies OK after crash on West 105 Freeway
- IE basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct 41 min ago
- Idaho school bus crash: 1 child killed, 4 hurt
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- Manhattan Toy Quixel baby rattles recalled
- Photos: ABC7 viewers share holiday photos
- Bynes leaves inpatient treatment, says lawyer 14 min ago
- Banksy 'Flower Girl' could fetch up to $300K
- OTRC: 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' official trailer
- Pet of the Week: Female Corgi mix named Brie
54 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
1 min ago