NYC news anchor Rob Morrison arrested for attacking wife
NEW YORK (KABC) -- A New York City news anchor was arraigned Tuesday, accused of attacking his wife at their home in Darien, Connecticut.
Police say Rob Morrison, anchorman at WCBS-TV in New York, made a death threat against his wife, Ashley Morrison. He was arrested Sunday at 1:30 a.m.
A Connecticut police officer wrote Morrison said "he would kill his wife" if he were released after his Sunday arrest.
At Tuesday's arraignment, the judge ordered Morrison to stay 100 yards away from his wife. Morrison was charged with strangulation, threatening and disorderly conduct.
Morrison's attorney said the charges were exaggerated.
New York City police officers were previously summoned to the couple's former home in Manhattan 11 times between 2004 and 2009 because of domestic disputes. One call resulted in an arrest, according to police, but the case was sealed.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
arrest, national news
- James Gandolfini of 'Sopranos' dies at 51 42 min ago
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly kill LA woman
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged sex assault 11 min ago
- TWA Flight 800 documentary hints at cover-up
- West Hills murder suspect to appear in court
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Inland Empire
- Man stabbed during carjacking in Oxnard
- Search for Jimmy Hoffa yields nothing, again
- Aug. trial set for Ohio man in kidnap case
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US
- Baby bath seats recalled due to drowning fear
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Paris, Prince Jackson refute chef's testimony
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)
- Piedmont beef's lower fat entices...
10 min ago