Las Vegas Strip shooting suspect identified
LAS VEGAS (KABC) -- The suspect behind a deadly shooting and fiery crash on the Las Vegas Strip has been identified by police.
Detectives are searching for 26-year-old Ammar Asim Faruq Harris.
The incident took place around 4 a.m. Thursday following a dispute in the valet area of the Aria Hotel.
According to police, a passenger in a black Range Rover opened fire on the driver of a Maserati. The Maserati then crashed into a taxicab, which then exploded in flames.
The driver of the Maserati, identified as rapper Kenny Clutch, was killed by the gunfire. The taxi driver and his passenger were killed in the fire.
No information on what role Harris played in the incident has been released. Harris' rap sheet includes earlier charges of kidnapping, pandering, sexual assault and coercion charges.
Police located the black Range Rover in an apartment complex near the Las Vegas Strip.
shooting, car crash, national news
- Oklahoma tornado: Recovery effort under way 5 min ago
- Greuel, Garcetti face off on Election Day 33 min ago
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca
- 'DWTS': Zendaya holds lead in final four
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts w/ 2 girls
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- UC hospital workers strike over understaffing 5 min ago
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- abcnews: Apple CEO defends offshore tax policy
- Experts warn about testosterone supplements
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' recap - week 10
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
47 min ago