Las Vegas Strip shooting suspect identified
LAS VEGAS (KABC) -- The suspect behind a deadly shooting and fiery crash on the Las Vegas Strip has been identified by police.
Detectives are searching for 26-year-old Ammar Asim Faruq Harris.
The incident took place around 4 a.m. Thursday following a dispute in the valet area of the Aria Hotel.
According to police, a passenger in a black Range Rover opened fire on the driver of a Maserati. The Maserati then crashed into a taxicab, which then exploded in flames.
The driver of the Maserati, identified as rapper Kenny Clutch, was killed by the gunfire. The taxi driver and his passenger were killed in the fire.
No information on what role Harris played in the incident has been released. Harris' rap sheet includes earlier charges of kidnapping, pandering, sexual assault and coercion charges.
Police located the black Range Rover in an apartment complex near the Las Vegas Strip.
shooting, car crash, national news
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought 13 min ago
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim 12 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- abcnews: Service dog helps girl in surgery
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation 52 min ago
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis