3 Calif. cities make miserable cities list
STOCKTON, Calif. (KABC) -- Three California cities made Forbes Magazine's 2013 top 10 list of most miserable American cities.
Modesto, Calif. was ranked No. 5 on the list. Vallejo, the tenth most populous city in the San Francisco Bay area, followed at No. 6.
Stockton, Calif. became the largest U.S city to file for bankruptcy protection last year. It ranked No. 8 on the list.
Detroit, Mich. is the most miserable city in the nation, according to Forbes Magazine. Chicago, Ill. snagged the fourth spot. New York, NY rounded out the top 10.
Forbes reportedly looked at the 200 largest metropolitan areas in the U.S. The list was based on nine factors including the average unemployment rate, commute time and violent crime.
For the entire list, visit www.forbes.com.
california, national news
- OC sheriff's reserve sergeant found beaten
- UK attack driven by radical Islam - officials
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins
- Model murder trial: Case in hands of jury
- Bill proposed to reduce night airport noise
- Injured volunteer wants thousands from hiker
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- Okla. tornado tore through 13,000 buildings
- abcnews: US IDs 4 Americans killed by drones
- Arias jury stuck but must keep deliberating
- Curious about caviar? Class available in WeHo
- Virgin tops, Spirit flops in airline survey
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- Tornado relief drives: More than $211K raised 27 min ago
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
37 min ago