3 Calif. cities make miserable cities list
STOCKTON, Calif. (KABC) -- Three California cities made Forbes Magazine's 2013 top 10 list of most miserable American cities.
Modesto, Calif. was ranked No. 5 on the list. Vallejo, the tenth most populous city in the San Francisco Bay area, followed at No. 6.
Stockton, Calif. became the largest U.S city to file for bankruptcy protection last year. It ranked No. 8 on the list.
Detroit, Mich. is the most miserable city in the nation, according to Forbes Magazine. Chicago, Ill. snagged the fourth spot. New York, NY rounded out the top 10.
Forbes reportedly looked at the 200 largest metropolitan areas in the U.S. The list was based on nine factors including the average unemployment rate, commute time and violent crime.
For the entire list, visit www.forbes.com.
california, national news
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours 6 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured 38 min ago
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- 2 LAPD officers injured in West L.A. crash
- 2 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge 47 min ago
- Yucaipa woman arrested in husband's murder
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq 10 min ago
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut 59 min ago
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks