3 Calif. cities make miserable cities list
STOCKTON, Calif. (KABC) -- Three California cities made Forbes Magazine's 2013 top 10 list of most miserable American cities.
Modesto, Calif. was ranked No. 5 on the list. Vallejo, the tenth most populous city in the San Francisco Bay area, followed at No. 6.
Stockton, Calif. became the largest U.S city to file for bankruptcy protection last year. It ranked No. 8 on the list.
Detroit, Mich. is the most miserable city in the nation, according to Forbes Magazine. Chicago, Ill. snagged the fourth spot. New York, NY rounded out the top 10.
Forbes reportedly looked at the 200 largest metropolitan areas in the U.S. The list was based on nine factors including the average unemployment rate, commute time and violent crime.
For the entire list, visit www.forbes.com.
california, national news
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- South Korea ferry sinks; 2 dead, 14 injured
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments