Infant survives deadly NY crash that claims his parent's lives
NEW YORK (KABC) -- A young couple was on their way to a New York hospital to deliver their first child Sunday when they were killed in a car crash.
Amazingly, their baby boy was delivered prematurely and survived the ordeal that claimed his parents' lives.
The married couple, identified as Nachman and Raizy Glauber, both 21, had reportedly called a car service to drive them to the hospital because they didn't own a car.
According to authorities, while on their way to a nearby hospital, the driver of a BMW crashed into the side of the delivery car at an intersection in the Williamsburg neighborhood of Brooklyn. The pregnant victim was thrown from the car. Witnesses said her body landed under a parked tractor-trailer.
The Glaubers were transported to Beth Israel Medical Center in Manhattan following the crash but were shortly pronounced dead from blunt-force trauma. The couple's son was delivered at the hospital and is listed in serious condition.
Police are now searching for the driver and a passenger of the BMW who fled the scene.
A funeral for the Glaubers is scheduled for Sunday afternoon.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
unbelievable, car crash, hit and run, national news
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio 13 min ago
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
18 min ago