United Airlines flight diverted to Ohio due to electrical smell
CLEVELAND (KABC) -- A Los Angeles bound flight from New York made an unscheduled stop in Cleveland, due to an apparent in-flight mechanical problem.
United Airlines Flight 132 from Kennedy International Airport was diverted to Cleveland around 5:42 p.m. Sunday after an electrical smell was detected in the cabin.
ABC's "Body of Proof" star Dana Delany was aboard the flight and tweeted about the incident saying, "Maybe being stranded in Cleveland is a sign that I should be on @hotnclevelandtv. @bettymwhite where are you?" and "Emergency landing on @United in Cleveland. Who's couch can I crash on?!?"
The plane landed safely and no injuries were reported following the emergency landing. Passengers were reportedly booked on a later flight.
celebrity, new york, national news
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2 10 min ago
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic 5 min ago
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- CA DMV mulls how to regulate driverless cars
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings 56 min ago
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons
- Unbelievable scenes from Colorado car chase
16 min ago
- Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site
15 min ago