United Airlines flight diverted to Ohio due to electrical smell
CLEVELAND (KABC) -- A Los Angeles bound flight from New York made an unscheduled stop in Cleveland, due to an apparent in-flight mechanical problem.
United Airlines Flight 132 from Kennedy International Airport was diverted to Cleveland around 5:42 p.m. Sunday after an electrical smell was detected in the cabin.
ABC's "Body of Proof" star Dana Delany was aboard the flight and tweeted about the incident saying, "Maybe being stranded in Cleveland is a sign that I should be on @hotnclevelandtv. @bettymwhite where are you?" and "Emergency landing on @United in Cleveland. Who's couch can I crash on?!?"
The plane landed safely and no injuries were reported following the emergency landing. Passengers were reportedly booked on a later flight.
celebrity, new york, national news
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd 49 min ago
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- 2 LAPD officers injured in West L.A. crash
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge 20 min ago
- Yucaipa woman arrested in husband's murder 52 min ago
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies 18 min ago
- State oversight may tame California pot shops 8 min ago
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks