OKC Thunder cheerleader Kelsey Williams controversy: Blog asks if she is 'too chunky'
HOUSTON (KABC) -- A blogger for a CBS station in Houston has created an online controversy after questioning whether OKC Thunder cheerleader Kelsey Williams is "too chunky" to cheer in the NBA.
The question has people sounding off on social media from coast to coast. The blog even asked people to vote.
Williams has been a cheerleader for the Thunder for three years. In her online bio, Williams says she loves the community events she gets to participate in, especially the ones helping children.
She responded to the criticism with a tweet.
"We wouldn't know what blessings were if we didn't go through trials," she said. "Thank you to everyone for the compassion and love today. I'm in awe."
The blogger for the CBS station in Houston is a woman named Anna-Megan Raley. Her blog can no longer be found on the website.
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video