Ohio police shootout caught on tape; Suspect armed with AK-47
MIDDLEFIELD, Ohio (KABC) -- A routine traffic stop in Middlefield, Ohio turned into a life or death shootout between police and a suspect armed with an AK-47. The dramatic gun battle was caught on tape.
The dash-cam video shows the driver swinging his door open and firing numerous rounds at police with an AK-47. The bullets pierced the squad car's windshield.
The gunman is then heard screaming "Kill me! Kill me!"
Officers returned fire, killing the suspect.
One of the officers was shot in the hand and the other was hit in the leg.
It's unclear why the man opened fire but police found numerous weapons and explosives in the suspect's car.
officer-involved shooting, caught on tape, national news
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video