New Orleans shooting surveillance images show possible suspect
NEW ORLEANS (KABC) -- Police in New Orleans say they have surveillance video that may show a possible suspect who opened fire on a Mother's Day parade on Sunday, wounding 19 people.
Still pictures from the surveillance video show the crowd dispersing and some people falling to the ground. Then, a man in a white T-shirt and dark pants is seen running away.
Three people remain in critical condition. Authorities said most of the injuries weren't life-threatening. Ten men, seven women and a boy and girl, both 10, were hit by the bullets. The children only suffered graze wounds.
One witness, a medical student, said the gunman appeared to be firing in a controlled manner, but it wasn't clear if anyone in particular was targeted.
Police believe more than one gun was fired during the parade, and they have vowed to make swift arrests.
Police hope someone will recognize the man seen in the surveillance footage. A $10,000 reward is being offered for information leading to arrests and indictments in the case.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
mother's day, parade, shooting, national news
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment 11 min ago
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests 47 min ago
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
41 min ago
- Illinois students spread joy w/ Dial-a -Carol
42 min ago