Powerball jackpot jumps to $600 million, Mega Millions at $190 million
HIGHLAND PARK, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Two massive lottery jackpots are up for grabs for the Powerball and Mega Millions. It may be time to try your luck!
The Powerball jackpot has soared to $600 million for Saturday's drawing. On top of that, the Mega Millions has climbed to $190 million for Friday's drawing.
The winning Mega Millions numbers Friday night are 11, 15, 35, 43, 49 and the gold Mega Ball number is 41.
California joined the Powerball frenzy in April and has since sold $83 million worth of tickets. That figure accounts of 11 percent of the game's sales, fueling the fast-growing mega-jackpots.
Officials say the jackpot could keep growing before Saturday's drawing. This is the largest Powerball jackpot in history, breaking the November 2012 record of $587.5 million, and the second largest of any lottery game in history.
The jackpot skyrocketed about $236 million since Wednesday's drawing, which was an estimated $360 million.
The largest jackpot ever was a $656 million Mega Millions prize won in March 2012. The prize was split three ways with winners in Illinois, Kansas and Maryland.
Odds of winning the Powerball jackpot are about 1 in 175 million.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
lottery, national news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled 21 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- 4.6-magnitude Mexico quake felt in SoCal
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis