Tustin woman found dead in Hawaii; boyfriend sought
KALAPANA, Hawaii (KABC) -- A murder investigation is under way after a pregnant woman from Orange County was found strangled in Hawaii.
Fishermen found Brittany Jane Royal's body on Tuesday in Kalapana. The 25-year-old from Tustin was two months pregnant.
Her family says she had moved to Hawaii to teach yoga, and still can't really fathom what's happened.
"As a mother it's the hardest thing to imagine, losing a child and especially in a way like this," said Royal's mother, Julie Spahn Royal.
Police are now searching for 22-year-old Boaz Johnson, Royal's boyfriend. He's been missing since Monday, when the couple went camping together.
murder, national news, john hartung
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver
- LAPD seeing fewer qualified applicants
- LA council OKs restrictions on e-cig sellers
- Cold front moving across Southern California 29 min ago
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court
- UCLA police seek sexual battery suspect
- Ventura growers protect crops from freezing
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas wins special election
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Mysterious stillbirths baffle doctors
- 'Top Gun' woman tapped for Pentagon no. 2 job
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film