Tustin woman found dead in Hawaii; boyfriend sought
KALAPANA, Hawaii (KABC) -- A murder investigation is under way after a pregnant woman from Orange County was found strangled in Hawaii.
Fishermen found Brittany Jane Royal's body on Tuesday in Kalapana. The 25-year-old from Tustin was two months pregnant.
Her family says she had moved to Hawaii to teach yoga, and still can't really fathom what's happened.
"As a mother it's the hardest thing to imagine, losing a child and especially in a way like this," said Royal's mother, Julie Spahn Royal.
Police are now searching for 22-year-old Boaz Johnson, Royal's boyfriend. He's been missing since Monday, when the couple went camping together.
murder, national news, john hartung
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Gorman brush fire near full containment 4 min ago
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation 23 min ago
- High-speed chase leads to arrests, 5 injuries
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio 7 min ago
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report