Miami restaurant deck collapse sends diners into water
MIAMI (KABC) -- An outdoor deck at a Miami-area restaurant where basketball fans were watching the NBA Finals partially collapsed Thursday night, sending dozens of people into the shallow waters of Biscayne Bay.
The incident happened around 9:45 p.m. ET at Shucker's Bar & Grill in North Bay Village, north of Miami Beach. Officials said about 100 people were on the deck when it gave way. Twenty-four people were transported to area hospitals. Two were in serious condition, according to officials.
The manager of the restaurant said the deck collapsed when fans jumped up as the Miami Heat scored a basket against the San Antonio Spurs.
According to authorities, everyone was accounted for, but divers and choppers were still searching to be sure there were no additional victims.
miami heat, san antonio spurs, national news
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies 23 min ago
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- San Dimas boat crash leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks