Bikini baristas in Washington state accused of prostitution
EVERETT, Wash. (KABC) -- Eight bikini espresso stands suspected of acting as fronts for prostitution rings were raided by local police in Everett, Wash., on Tuesday.
The stands, which use suggustive names like "Twin Peaks" and "Java Juggs," were subjects of undercover operations, according to police. Investigators found evidence of crimes ranging from lewd conduct to sexual activity.
Snohomish County Sheriff's Sgt. Darrell O'Neill was arrested in connection with the stands. Police believe O'Neill, a 30-year veteran, was tipping off the stands to police investigations.
Police said they learned about the stands during their investigation into O'Neill.
"That included video surveillance, that included in person undercover surveillance and interviews with witnesses," said Deputy Chief Dan Templeman.
O'Neill is being held on suspicion of conspiracy to promote prostitution and official misconduct, and police said more arrests might be coming. Some baristas who were interviewed could be charged with crimes later.
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought 50 min ago
- Lancaster fight leads to double stabbing
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Calif. bill would ban orcas in SeaWorld shows
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere