Bikini baristas in Washington state accused of prostitution
EVERETT, Wash. (KABC) -- Eight bikini espresso stands suspected of acting as fronts for prostitution rings were raided by local police in Everett, Wash., on Tuesday.
The stands, which use suggustive names like "Twin Peaks" and "Java Juggs," were subjects of undercover operations, according to police. Investigators found evidence of crimes ranging from lewd conduct to sexual activity.
Snohomish County Sheriff's Sgt. Darrell O'Neill was arrested in connection with the stands. Police believe O'Neill, a 30-year veteran, was tipping off the stands to police investigations.
Police said they learned about the stands during their investigation into O'Neill.
"That included video surveillance, that included in person undercover surveillance and interviews with witnesses," said Deputy Chief Dan Templeman.
O'Neill is being held on suspicion of conspiracy to promote prostitution and official misconduct, and police said more arrests might be coming. Some baristas who were interviewed could be charged with crimes later.
- Reseda shooting injures 2 on Canby Avenue 2 min ago
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE 28 min ago
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Indio High students, faculty tested for TB
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Understanding symbols on plastic containers
- Bejo's 'Past' character sometimes unlikeable
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
46 min ago