Bikini baristas in Washington state accused of prostitution
EVERETT, Wash. (KABC) -- Eight bikini espresso stands suspected of acting as fronts for prostitution rings were raided by local police in Everett, Wash., on Tuesday.
The stands, which use suggustive names like "Twin Peaks" and "Java Juggs," were subjects of undercover operations, according to police. Investigators found evidence of crimes ranging from lewd conduct to sexual activity.
Snohomish County Sheriff's Sgt. Darrell O'Neill was arrested in connection with the stands. Police believe O'Neill, a 30-year veteran, was tipping off the stands to police investigations.
Police said they learned about the stands during their investigation into O'Neill.
"That included video surveillance, that included in person undercover surveillance and interviews with witnesses," said Deputy Chief Dan Templeman.
O'Neill is being held on suspicion of conspiracy to promote prostitution and official misconduct, and police said more arrests might be coming. Some baristas who were interviewed could be charged with crimes later.
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption 26 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- Suspects approach women at UC Riverside dorm
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced 24 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels concerts