Aaron Hernandez case: Possible motive may be 2012 murders
BOSTON (KABC) -- Investigators working on the murder case against Aaron Hernandez are focusing on whether the victim, Odin Lloyd, was killed because of information he might have had concerning a July 2012 double homicide, law enforcement officials told ABC News.
Hernandez is being investigated in connection with that incident, a drive-by shooting in Boston's South End on July 15, 2012. Three people were shot, and two of them were pronounced dead at the scene.
Meanwhile, a third man has been arrested in connection to the murder of semi-pro football player Odin Lloyd. Massachusetts State Police said local officers in Miramar, Fla., captured Ernest Wallace early Friday afternoon. Authorities had announced Thursday that they were seeking Wallace, who they said should be considered armed and dangerous, on a charge of acting as an accessory after Lloyd's murder.
Massachusetts authorities said officers had recovered a car linked to Wallace. With the third arrest, authorities believe that "all three men who were with the victim" are in custody, said Yasmina Serdarevic, D.A. spokeswoman.
The second suspect arrested in the case, 27-year-old Carlos Ortiz, has been sent to Massachusetts. He is being held on illegal-firearms charges.
Hernandez has pleaded not guilty to murder in the slaying of Lloyd. He is being held without bail.
A judge denied Hernandez' bail appeal Thursday after a prosecutor revealed that a Hummer belonging to Hernandez turned up an ammunition clip matching the caliber of casings found at the scene of Lloyd's killing.
Hernandez could face life in prison if convicted.
ABC News and The Associated Press contributed to this report.
homicide investigation, national news
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Hollywood burglary suspects caught on camera
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- East LA coach charged with molesting 2 teens
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Yellowstone supervolcano bigger than thought
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut