Boston Marathon bombing: New photos leaked
BOSTON (KABC) -- A Massachusetts State Police photographer is under investigation for releasing photos of Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev on the day of his capture.
One of the behind-the-scenes photos shows Tsarnaev emerging from a boat with blood on his clothing. Another shows the red dot of a laser sight from a police sniper on his forehead.
"This guy is evil. This is the real Boston bomber - not someone fluffed and buffed for the cover of Rolling Stone," Murphy said.
Several stores are boycotting the Rolling Stone cover, refusing to sell the upcoming issue.
Murphy and his photos are the subject of an internal investigation by Massachusetts State Police. Authorities say the sergeant's duty status will be determined following the outcome of the investigation.
Tsarnaev pleaded not guilty to 30 counts associated with the bombing. Investigators say he worked with his older brother, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, to set off two bombs near the finish line of the Boston Marathon on April 15, killing three people and injuring more than 260 others.
explosion, boston marathon bombing, arrest, homicide investigation, murder, national news
- Nursing home shooting murder: Brother arrested 45 min ago
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend
- Santa Ana jewelry store robbery caught on cam
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Kaiser Permanente missing info on 49K patients
- Holiday crackdown on jaywalking in downtown LA
- IE student arrested in school vandalism case 48 min ago
- Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- House GOP signal support for budget deal
- abcnews: Woman claws way out of locked bathroom
- Nelson Mandela mourners pay last respects
- Photos: ABC7 viewers share holiday photos
- Paul Walker crash: 2nd theft suspect surrenders
- OTRC: Jason Clarke in talks for 'Terminator' reboot