Boston Marathon bombing: New photos leaked
BOSTON (KABC) -- A Massachusetts State Police photographer is under investigation for releasing photos of Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev on the day of his capture.
One of the behind-the-scenes photos shows Tsarnaev emerging from a boat with blood on his clothing. Another shows the red dot of a laser sight from a police sniper on his forehead.
"This guy is evil. This is the real Boston bomber - not someone fluffed and buffed for the cover of Rolling Stone," Murphy said.
Several stores are boycotting the Rolling Stone cover, refusing to sell the upcoming issue.
Murphy and his photos are the subject of an internal investigation by Massachusetts State Police. Authorities say the sergeant's duty status will be determined following the outcome of the investigation.
Tsarnaev pleaded not guilty to 30 counts associated with the bombing. Investigators say he worked with his older brother, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, to set off two bombs near the finish line of the Boston Marathon on April 15, killing three people and injuring more than 260 others.
explosion, boston marathon bombing, arrest, homicide investigation, murder, national news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour