Philadelphia house collapses after gas explosion
PHILADELPHIA (KABC) -- At least eight people were hurt after a gas explosion caused a house to collapse in Philadelphia on Monday.
The area was evacuated. The houses on either side of the destroyed home are badly damaged.
Rescue crews are searching for anyone who may be trapped.
The gas company says it has shut off the natural gas for the entire block, which is standard procedure.
explosion, national news
- School bus crash: Driver, 2 kids hospitalized
- Big-rig crash shuts down 210 Fwy, Gold Line
- Compton aerial surveillance provokes backlash
- Metro votes to keep ExpressLanes program
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Ferry death toll at 175; families outraged
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- Obama: Asia-Pacific trade deal not in danger
- Justin Bieber detained at LAX upon arrival
- OTRC: Beyonce on '100 Most Influential People' cover