Grizzly bear attacks hikers in Yellowstone National Park
YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK, Wyo. (KABC) -- Parts of Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming were temporarily closed after some hikers were attacked by a grizzly bear Thursday.
According to park officials, a cub approached a group of hikers near Canyon Village. Moments later, the cub's mother appeared and charged the group. The hikers sprayed the mother and cub with bear spray and the bears ran off.
Two hikers were recovering from bite and claw wounds.
Officials say this was the first bear attack in Yellowstone this summer.
animal news, national news
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure 54 min ago
- 3 Simi Valley schools face possible shutdown 59 min ago
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense presents case
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West
- 4 stabbed in parking lot after Broncos game
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son