Grizzly bear attacks hikers in Yellowstone National Park
YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK, Wyo. (KABC) -- Parts of Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming were temporarily closed after some hikers were attacked by a grizzly bear Thursday.
According to park officials, a cub approached a group of hikers near Canyon Village. Moments later, the cub's mother appeared and charged the group. The hikers sprayed the mother and cub with bear spray and the bears ran off.
Two hikers were recovering from bite and claw wounds.
Officials say this was the first bear attack in Yellowstone this summer.
animal news, national news
- Report: Possible armed suspect in LA Times bldg 1 min ago
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- Good Friday: Pope remembers those who suffer
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Breast cancer treatment uses extreme heat 14 min ago
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
39 min ago