Obamas add 2nd dog, Sunny, to the family
WASHINGTON (KABC) -- The Obamas have welcomed another four-legged member to their family.
Her name is Sunny, and she's the first family's second adopted dog. She was born in Michigan last year and arrived at the White House on Monday.
Sunny is a Portuguese Water Dog -- the same breed as the Obamas' other dog, Bo. The White House says the breed works well for the Obamas because of family allergies.
Sunny is expected to join Bo for evening walks and the occasional Oval Office huddle with the president.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
animal news, the white house, washington d.c., national news
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured 3 min ago
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast 6 min ago
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
19 min ago