Obamas add 2nd dog, Sunny, to the family
WASHINGTON (KABC) -- The Obamas have welcomed another four-legged member to their family.
Her name is Sunny, and she's the first family's second adopted dog. She was born in Michigan last year and arrived at the White House on Monday.
Sunny is a Portuguese Water Dog -- the same breed as the Obamas' other dog, Bo. The White House says the breed works well for the Obamas because of family allergies.
Sunny is expected to join Bo for evening walks and the occasional Oval Office huddle with the president.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
animal news, the white house, washington d.c., national news
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- South Korea ferry sinks; 2 dead, 14 injured 11 min ago
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million 57 min ago
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- Google Glass raises public privacy concerns
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments