Obamas add 2nd dog, Sunny, to the family
WASHINGTON (KABC) -- The Obamas have welcomed another four-legged member to their family.
Her name is Sunny, and she's the first family's second adopted dog. She was born in Michigan last year and arrived at the White House on Monday.
Sunny is a Portuguese Water Dog -- the same breed as the Obamas' other dog, Bo. The White House says the breed works well for the Obamas because of family allergies.
Sunny is expected to join Bo for evening walks and the occasional Oval Office huddle with the president.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
animal news, the white house, washington d.c., national news
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured 35 min ago
- Norwalk homicide investigation underway 54 min ago
- DUI driver hits sign, car and pedestrian
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Thermal brush fire contained at 350 acres
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- High turnout seen at secession vote in Crimea
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office 19 min ago
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians