19-month-old boy fatally shot in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (KABC) -- A 19-month old boy was shot and killed while on a walk with his parents in Brooklyn Sunday.
The boy was being pushed in a stroller by his parents when four shots rang out around 7:20 p.m.
One of the shots hit Antiq Hennis in the left side of his head.
Witnesses said they heard the father screaming "My baby got shot! My baby got shot."
A local pastor drove the parents to the hospital where Hennis was declared dead.
"The family is distraught," said NYC community activist Bishop Willie Billops. "The young mother and young father are hurting badly."
A man was spotted running from the scene but no arrests have been made.
Commissioner Raymond Kelly says investigators believe the boy's father may have been the intended target. One Brooklyn resident said the boy's father may have been targeted following a dispute his brother had with the shooter.
A three-year-old was shot and seriously wounded as he slept in his family's Brooklyn apartment eight days ago. A babysitter was arrested in that case.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
shooting, new york, national news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead 32 min ago
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 3-car crash 17 min ago
- Nurse stabbed at Sylmar hospital; 1 arrested
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Driver smashes car into Fillmore dollar store
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role