Unruly passenger escorted off NY bound plane
NEW YORK (KABC) -- An unruly passenger was escorted off a plane, after reportedly going on a tirade mid-air, during a flight from LAX to JFK Thursday.
It appears the man unleashed a verbal onslaught after being told by a flight attendant that they did not accept cash.
The incident occurred on a Virgin America flight. According to passengers, the man grabbed a bottle of wine from the flight attendant two hours into the flight.
Witnesses say he became agitated when he was told he could not pay with cash.
An off-duty California Highway Patrol officer happened to be on the plane and sat with the man until the plane landed safely at JFK.
Passengers say the man admitted to being drunk and also told them he smoked marijuana before the flight.
"Go buy me a bottle of Hennessey or something man, I need a drink", the man is heard saying in video footage. He never did get that bottle of Hennessey.
Once the plane landed in New York, he was escorted off by authorities without incident. The man was interviewed by Port Authority police in New York and released without any charges being filed.
caught on tape, airport news, airport security, airplane, airline, new york, los angeles international airport, national news, john gregory
- Fallbrook bus crash leaves 1 dead, 22 hurt 16 min ago
- Tour bus rolls over on 15 Freeway in Corona 4 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt 7 min ago
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court 25 min ago
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Katie Couric's talk show to end this summer 42 min ago
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal 18 min ago
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis 59 min ago