Cop body cameras record confrontation with football player
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Some of Hollywood's biggest names are helping the LAPD start to equip officers with high-tech body cameras that can record important evidence. Dramatic video released on Wednesday shows just what they can do.
The video from Florida, which comes from a tiny camera that officers wear on their lapels, gives us a first-hand look at what happened when officers were confronted by a former football star who was holding a butcher knife to his girlfriend's throat. The video is graphic, and it could be disturbing to some viewers.
When the door flew open, officers saw Germaine Green holding a butcher knife to his girlfriend's throat. In the video, you can clearly see Green dragging the woman into a bedroom. What happened next was captured in its entirety by the officer's body cameras.
Green was a football star in Florida. The 32-year-old was drafted by the New York Giants but never actually played in the NFL.
He was shot four times in the leg and one time in the stomach, but survived. The woman suffered a minor wound to her arm.
The shooting happened in September but the video was just released by Florida authorities. Body cams like these will be hitting the streets of Los Angeles this month.
national news, robert holguin
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Earthquake w/ mag-3.9 rattles Castaic area
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio 18 min ago
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- Gorman brush fire: Crews gaining upper hand
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Baby gorilla born through rare C-section
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
23 min ago