7-year-old saves mom's life with Heimlich maneuver
PORTLAND (KABC) -- A 7-year-old girl saved her mom's life with a maneuver she says she remembered from the movie 'Mrs. Doubtfire'.
Amira Fortin was lying on the couch watching TV when she heard a strange noise coming from the kitchen.
She immediately ran to the kitchen and found her mom, Jennifer, choking on a piece of sausage.
The 7-year-old said she knew she had to perform the Heimlich maneuver to save her mother's life, so she sprung into action.
"I picked her up three times," said Amira. "She spit the sausage out."
Amira says her grandfather taught her the life-saving technique but she also remembered it from the movie "Mrs. Doubtfire," starring Robin Williams.
unbelievable, national news
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15 4 min ago
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries 44 min ago
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught 19 min ago
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- Jenny McCarthy engaged to Donnie Wahlberg
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break
- Recycling used water in Orange County
41 min ago