Senator's chief-of-staff arrested on child pornography charges
WASHINGTON (KABC) -- A U.S. senator's chief of staff was arrested Wednesday for possession and distribution of child pornography.
Jesse Ryan Loskarn, 35, the chief of staff of the office of U.S. Senator Lamar Alexander was arrested on probable cause of the charges by the U.S. Postal Inspection Service. Loskarn was held pending an expected Thursday court hearing.
Loskarn's home was searched during the investigation.
Alexander placed Loskarn on unpaid leave. Alexander said his office was fully cooperating with investigators. Loskarn has served as chief of staff for Alexander for two years.
Alexander is a former Tennessee governor and has also served as the U.S. Secretary of Education. He was first elected to the Senate in 2002.
According to Loskarn's biography on his LinkedIn account and in previous communications for Alexander's office, Loskarn graduated from Tulane University in 2000 and went to work for retired Republican U.S. Rep. Wally Herger of California as a legal assistant. He later was the communications director for U.S. Rep. Marsha Blackburn, a Tennessee Republican, and eventually became staff director for the Senate Republican Conference.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood 25 min ago
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide 25 min ago
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Crimean, Russian politicians talk referendum
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus' Twitter jabs at Katy Perry