Mega Millions jackpot climbs to $550M after no big winner
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Mega Millions jackpot has soared to $550 million after nobody matched all six numbers in Friday's drawing.
The new jackpot, the fourth-biggest ever, is up for grabs at the next drawing, which is set for Tuesday.
Friday's numbers were: 19-24-26-27-70, Mega Ball 12.
Lottery officials say they expect the amount to rise even higher before Tuesday's drawing, potentially reaching a billion dollars.
The largest Mega Millions jackpot ever claimed was $656 million in March 2012.
A change in the Mega Millions rules in October, which aimed at growing bigger jackpots faster, decreased the odds of a person winning the top prize to about 1 in 259,000,000.
Mega Millions is played in 43 states, the District of Columbia and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
lottery, national news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead 6 min ago
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy near Torrance 59 min ago
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Ohio couple married 70 yrs die 15 hours apart
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter 29 min ago
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite 54 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour