Hawaii murder: Man confesses to killing girlfriend in suicide note
HONOLULU (KABC) -- Investigators in Hawaii say the murder mystery involving a pregnant woman from Orange County has been solved.
The body of 25-year-old Brittany-Jane Royal was found in the water off Kalapana in May 2013. The native of Tustin had recently moved to Hawaii.
Detectives said at a news conference on Monday that Royal was strangled by her boyfriend, 22-year-old Boaz David Johnson, during a domestic dispute.
Police searched for Johnson after a grand jury indicted him on second-degree murder last month. But on Jan. 2, his body was found hanging from a tree.
In a handwritten suicide note, which was found near his body, Johnson confessed that he strangled Royal and threw her body in the ocean, according to investigators.
murder, national news
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search 25 min ago
- 2 dead after car plows into crowd near SXSW
- Malaysia: No debris at spot on China images
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Mom of wandering boys was supervised by CPS
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- FBI hunting Hawaii for top terror suspect
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons