Tea Party ousts subgroup after racial remarks
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The national Tea Party Federation has cut ties with a conservative radio talk show host over racially insensitive comments made on his blog.
Mark Williams wrote an imaginary and incendiary letter that he called "From Colored People" to Abraham Lincoln.
Williams called the post satire and attributed his expulsion to "internal political dramas amongst the various self-anointed Tea Party leaders."
The group he represented, the Tea Party Express, was also removed from the greater Tea Party organization.
tea party, politics
- Tornado rips through Oklahoma City suburbs 5 min ago
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Greuel, Garcetti make final stops across LA
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- Laguna Beach sex assault suspect surrenders
- Man's body found in vacant apartment in IE
- Man shot, killed in Victorville; 1 arrested
- Hollywood High honored for musical theater
- Girl, 10, fatally shot inside NorCal home
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- 2 killed in Turkey hot air balloon crash
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches 3 min ago
- Taylor Swift wins big at Billboard Awards
- Photos: Best moments at Billboard Awards 2013