Biden sent to lobby House Dems on tax deal
WASHINGTON (KABC) -- President Barack Obama is sending Vice President Joe Biden to Capitol Hill Wednesday afternoon to lobby House Democrats on his new tax deal.While it has the support among most GOP lawmakers, Democratic leaders are complaining the package favors the wealthy.
To help lobby for the plan, Obama has sent out a video telling supporters he still intends to end the Bush tax cuts for wealthier Americans when it comes up again in two years.
"I know some folks -- even good friends-- are unhappy with the plan because, as with any negotiation, getting there required some give and take," said Obama.
The legislation would also retain existing tax rates for the middle class, but stretch the safety net for the nation's jobless.
taxes, congress, republican party, democratic party, vice president joe biden, politics
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment 11 min ago
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests 47 min ago
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
41 min ago
- Illinois students spread joy w/ Dial-a -Carol
42 min ago