Calif. Supreme Court Justice Moreno to retire
SAN FRANCISCO (KABC) -- The only Democratic appointee on California's Supreme Court is stepping down.
Moreno was named to the state's high court in 2001 by then-Gov. Gray Davis. Before that, he served as a Los Angeles federal judge for three years.
His last day on the Supreme Court will be Feb. 28.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
california supreme court, politics
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured 8 min ago
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona 14 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken 48 min ago
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Katie Couric's talk show to end this summer
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis