Calif. Supreme Court Justice Moreno to retire
SAN FRANCISCO (KABC) -- The only Democratic appointee on California's Supreme Court is stepping down.
Moreno was named to the state's high court in 2001 by then-Gov. Gray Davis. Before that, he served as a Los Angeles federal judge for three years.
His last day on the Supreme Court will be Feb. 28.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
california supreme court, politics
- Ambulance crash: 3 injured in Signal Hill 53 min ago
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well 1 min ago
- Alleged arsonist sets fire in Hollywood 51 min ago
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Car bursts into flames in lion habitat
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role