Sarah Palin kicks off East Coast bus tour riding a Harley
WASHINGTON D.C. (KABC) -- It was a busy holiday weekend for Sarah Palin.
She kicked off her East Coast bus tour to visit historic sites in Washington D.C. Sunday by riding on the back of a Harley. Palin and family members jumped on bikes and joined thousands of other motorcyclists on the Memorial Day weekend ride from the Pentagon to the Vietnam Veterans Memorial.
On the windshield of Palin's bike was a likeness of President George W. Bush. Next to it, the words "Miss Me?" And on her hand, the words "justice rolls" were written in smeared ink.
It was an apparent reference to Martin Luther King Jr.'s "I Have a Dream" speech, which is quoted on Palin's website: "We will not be satisfied until justice rolls down like waters and righteousness like a mighty stream."
Details about where the bus is scheduled to stop haven't been released. Aids pointed to the website of Palin's political action committee, which is prominently collecting donations ahead of the end-of-June fundraising quarter.
The former Alaska governor has deflected any questions relating to her possible run for the Republican presidential nomination.
Palin has a loyal following among conservatives and tea-party activists, but she remains a divisive figure among the wider public. Polls show more people have an unfavorable opinion of her than not.
The Associated Press contributed to this story
sarah palin, politics
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet 3 min ago
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Boy, 11, on scooter struck by tractor-trailer 33 min ago
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Big Sur wildfire is now fully contained
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)