Mitt Romney gets heckled during Iowa speech
DES MOINES, Iowa (KABC) -- Mitt Romney found himself in a heated exchange with around a dozen hecklers on Thursday.
Romney, one of the Republican candidates for president, was giving a speech at the Iowa State Fair in Des Moines.
Romney, a multimillionaire businessman who casts himself as a jobs creator, declared that "corporations are people" while outlining options for reducing the federal deficit and overhauling entitlement programs.
That comment drew ridicule from Democrats. Hecklers chanted "corporations," suggesting that they were the ones that should be taxed.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
republican party, politics
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis