Herman Cain endorses Newt Gingrich for president
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (KABC) -- Former presidential hopeful Herman Cain endorsed former House speaker Newt Gingrich's White House bid on Saturday.
Cain called Gingrich "a patriot" who's "not afraid of bold ideas."
Cain is set to campaign with Gingrich on Monday in an 11th hour push for support. The nod from the former pizza executive and tea party favorite could give a boost to Gingrich in Tuesday's Florida primary.
"I had it in my heart and mind a long time ago," Cain said.
Former Texas Gov. Rick Perry also endorsed Gingrich when he bowed out of the race in South Carolina.
republican party, newt gingrich, herman cain, politics
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 2 min ago
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence 44 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe 26 min ago
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon 12 min ago
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Minnesota lawmaker apologizes for NBA tweet
- Sbarro files for second bankruptcy in 3 years
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...