Herman Cain endorses Newt Gingrich for president
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (KABC) -- Former presidential hopeful Herman Cain endorsed former House speaker Newt Gingrich's White House bid on Saturday.
Cain called Gingrich "a patriot" who's "not afraid of bold ideas."
Cain is set to campaign with Gingrich on Monday in an 11th hour push for support. The nod from the former pizza executive and tea party favorite could give a boost to Gingrich in Tuesday's Florida primary.
"I had it in my heart and mind a long time ago," Cain said.
Former Texas Gov. Rick Perry also endorsed Gingrich when he bowed out of the race in South Carolina.
republican party, newt gingrich, herman cain, politics
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- 405 accidents snarl Sepulveda Pass commute
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation 9 min ago
- 4.6-magnitude Mexico quake felt in SoCal
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe? 55 min ago
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future 16 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
50 min ago