Herman Cain endorses Newt Gingrich for president
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (KABC) -- Former presidential hopeful Herman Cain endorsed former House speaker Newt Gingrich's White House bid on Saturday.
Cain called Gingrich "a patriot" who's "not afraid of bold ideas."
Cain is set to campaign with Gingrich on Monday in an 11th hour push for support. The nod from the former pizza executive and tea party favorite could give a boost to Gingrich in Tuesday's Florida primary.
"I had it in my heart and mind a long time ago," Cain said.
Former Texas Gov. Rick Perry also endorsed Gingrich when he bowed out of the race in South Carolina.
republican party, newt gingrich, herman cain, politics
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1, series tied 2-2
- Trutanich concedes to Feuer for city attorney
- Ron Galperin wins LA city controller race
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes 8 min ago
- Huffing suspected in college student's death
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10