Mitt Romney attends Southern California fundraisers
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (KABC) -- Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney will be in Southern California Thursday and Friday to attend several campaign fundraisers.
Romney kicked off the fundraisers in Beverly Hills Thursday night with a $50,000 per couple dinner at the home of Hyatt heir Anthony Pritzker. The home reportedly has a bowling alley, media library, gym and guest house.
Friday, Romney will head to an afternoon fundraiser in Riverside at the Victoria Club, which will be followed by a $25,000 per couple fundraiser at Newport Beach's Balboa Bay Club and Resort. That ticket price is inclusive of a Romney photo op.
Romeny's California tour began in Fremont at Solyndra headquarters Thursday. The solar panel manufacturer received a half-billion-dollar loan from the federal government before declaring bankruptcy last year. While the Republican National Committee has launch new ad campaigns attacking the Obama administration's handling of Solyndra, Democrats want the attention to be on Romney's record as Massachussetts governor.
The president's senior strategist David Axelord tried to make that point in Boston, Mass., but Romney supporters wouldn't stop screaming Solyndra.
"You can shout down speakers, my friends, but it is hard to etch-a-sketch the truth away," said Axelord.
Back at Solyndra, Romney was asked if he condones heckling.
"If the president is going to have his people coming to my rallies and heckling, we'll show them that we conservatives have the same kind of capacity he does," Romney said.
Earlier in the day, Romney also stopped by Nancy Reagan's house to pick up her endorsement. She says her husband like Romney's business background.
A group of protesters who support President Obama are expected to be at the Romney fundraiser in Newport Beach dressed as fake billionaires to protest his influence with the so-called 1 percent.
election, mitt romney, president barack obama, politics, elex michaelson
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 3-car crash
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role