Mitt Romney's email hack under investigation
WASHINGTON (KABC) -- An investigation is under way to see if GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney's personal email has been hacked.
The website, Gawker.com reported on Tuesday that it received a message from someone claiming that he or she signed into Romney's Hotmail account.
The tipster said it happened by correctly guessing the answer to a security question about Romney's favorite pet. The hacker also said that Romney's account on DropBox, a file-sharing service, was also accessed.
Romney's campaign spokeswoman refused to say whether Romney still uses the Hotmail account.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
mitt romney, politics
- Grapevine slowly reopens with CHP escorts 52 min ago
- Quick, cold front brings rain, chance of snow
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- 4 killed, 1 injured in San Clemente crash 45 min ago
- Hawthorne stabbing: 1 killed, probe underway
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Manhattan Beach offers free parking downtown
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Smartphone apps for a better night's sleep
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Brian the dog returning to 'Family Guy'?