Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio says President Obama birth certificate is 'fraudulent'
PHOENIX (KABC) -- Sheriff Joe Arpaio from Arizona says investigators from his volunteer posse have found that President Barack Obama's birth certificate is definitely fraudulent.
"As we suspect, it is a fraudulent document," Arpaio said. "My original intent was to clear the president of the United States."
Members of Maricopa County Sheriff Arpaio's posse said in March that there was probable cause that that the president's long-form birth certificate released by the White House in April 2011 was a computer-generated forgery.
According to the posse's chief investigator, Mike Zullo, numeric codes on certain parts of the birth certificate indicate that those parts weren't filled out, yet those sections asking for the race of President Obama's father and his field of work or study were completed.
President Obama's campaign declined to comment on Arpaio's allegations.
So-called "birthers" claim Mr. Obama is ineligible to be president because he was born in Kenya.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
president barack obama, politics, amy powell
- First section of new 405 Freeway lane opens
- Fewer travelers expected Memorial Day weekend
- I-5 bridge collapses in Wash.; 3 injured
- Disneyland holding Monstrous 'All-Nighter'
- 405 North crash, fuel spill snarls traffic 45 min ago
- LA gang activity coordinated from Kansas home
- LB regulates loud mufflers w/ electronic sign
- 5.7-magnitude earthquake strikes NorCal city
- Covered California announces 13 health plans
- NASA wants astronauts on asteroid by 2021 19 min ago
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on pot charge 49 min ago
- OTRC: 'Hangover 3,' 'Fast & Furious 6' film reviews
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
25 min ago