Obama, Romney stay focused on swing states
BRISTOW, Va. (KABC) -- President Barack Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney are spending the final weekend of the presidential campaign dashing from one swing state to another, pumping up enthusiasm and support that both candidates hope will lead to victory on Election Day.
Mr. Obama pulled in some star power for a rally in Wisconsin on Saturday. Singer Katy Perry performed for a crowd of supporters.
Campaigning in four states Saturday apparently took a toll on the president's voice. He sounded a little raspy as he asked for more time in office.
"I will work with anybody of any party to move country forward," the president said, "and if you really want to break the gridlock in Congress, you'll vote for leaders who feel the same way, whether they're Democrats, Republicans, independents, people who put you first, who put the American people first."
Romney is also keeping a busy schedule. He made his final stop of the day in Colorado, seeking to tap into voter disappointment and discontent. He told supporters there hasn't been enough progress over the last four years.
More than 27 million Americans have already cast their votes. In Southern California, voters turned out for early voting at the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder Office in Norwalk.
Gov. Jerry Brown is also urging Californians to vote. He is making several stops in la this weekend, urging support for Proposition 30. The controversial measure would impose a temporary tax increase to raise billions to help fund education.
politics, amy powell
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting 19 min ago
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Wildfire breaks out in north Moreno Valley 7 min ago
- OC thieves sought for smash-grab robbery
- Ex-PTA president allegedly stole candy funds
- Man killed when Amtrak train collides with car
- AZ sheriff's office profiles Latinos - judge
- Communications satellite launched into space
- London attack: 3 more arrested in slaying
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy
- OTRC: Blake Shelton's Oklahoma benefit concert