Obama, Romney stay focused on swing states
BRISTOW, Va. (KABC) -- President Barack Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney are spending the final weekend of the presidential campaign dashing from one swing state to another, pumping up enthusiasm and support that both candidates hope will lead to victory on Election Day.
Mr. Obama pulled in some star power for a rally in Wisconsin on Saturday. Singer Katy Perry performed for a crowd of supporters.
Campaigning in four states Saturday apparently took a toll on the president's voice. He sounded a little raspy as he asked for more time in office.
"I will work with anybody of any party to move country forward," the president said, "and if you really want to break the gridlock in Congress, you'll vote for leaders who feel the same way, whether they're Democrats, Republicans, independents, people who put you first, who put the American people first."
Romney is also keeping a busy schedule. He made his final stop of the day in Colorado, seeking to tap into voter disappointment and discontent. He told supporters there hasn't been enough progress over the last four years.
More than 27 million Americans have already cast their votes. In Southern California, voters turned out for early voting at the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder Office in Norwalk.
Gov. Jerry Brown is also urging Californians to vote. He is making several stops in la this weekend, urging support for Proposition 30. The controversial measure would impose a temporary tax increase to raise billions to help fund education.
politics, amy powell
- London theater partial collapse; 80+ hurt 18 min ago
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected 15 min ago
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning 4 min ago
- 14 hospitalized in Riverside County bus crash 9 min ago
- 2 taken to hospital after school bus crash
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston: I have Lupus Myelitis