Eric Garcetti, Wendy Greuel make last-minute stops day before election
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The two Los Angeles mayoral candidates were up early Monday, trying to earn more votes in the last day before the election.
Eric Garcetti's busy schedule started with a meet-up with workers at the International Longshore and Warehouse Union in Wilmington. His other stops include San Pedro, Venice, Sherman Oaks and Westwood.
Wendy Greuel was also out and about early in the morning, starting her day talking to people at a Starbucks in the Studio City area. She's also scheduled to talk to voters in Sherman Oaks and downtown.
The candidates are vying for the last undecided voters in what has become a heated race. Both sides have turned to attack ads to discredit their opponents. They both believe they are the best candidate to run Los Angeles.
"This isn't about anybody's weaknesses. This is about my strengths: turning around Hollywood, doing pension reform, tripling the number of parks, reducing crime by two-thirds. That sort of leadership I think that the city is looking for in the next mayor," said Garcetti.
Greuel touched on the fact that she would be the first female mayor of Los Angeles.
"I've had a number of young women who have said, 'We're going to help you get elected. We think it's an opportunity to make history.' This is going to be a great Election Day," said Greuel. "Just seeing those firefighters go by and give me a thumbs up. They've been incredible supporters of mine and I look forward to winning on Tuesday."
Our exclusive Eyewitness News poll shows Garcetti leading Greuel by a margin of 49 percent to 44 percent. But 7 percent of voters are still undecided.
Polling stations open Tuesday at 7 a.m.
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought 57 min ago
- Lancaster fight leads to double stabbing
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Calif. bill would ban orcas in SeaWorld shows
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere