Rep. Buck McKeon announces retirement
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- After more than 20 years of representing California in Congress, Rep. Howard "Buck" McKeon announced Thursday that he will be retiring.
"I am announcing that I am not a candidate for Congress this year," McKeon tearfully said. "I will continue to finish my term. I will chairman this last year of the House Armed Services Committee, and we have a lot of work to do."
The 75-year-old Republican says his term-limited position as chairman was a factor in his decision to step down. He has represented California's 25th District since 1993.
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case 2 min ago
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- OTRC: Stacy Keibler weds boyfriend Jared Pobre