Rep. Buck McKeon announces retirement
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- After more than 20 years of representing California in Congress, Rep. Howard "Buck" McKeon announced Thursday that he will be retiring.
"I am announcing that I am not a candidate for Congress this year," McKeon tearfully said. "I will continue to finish my term. I will chairman this last year of the House Armed Services Committee, and we have a lot of work to do."
The 75-year-old Republican says his term-limited position as chairman was a factor in his decision to step down. He has represented California's 25th District since 1993.
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies
- Kidnap suspect search shuts down DTLA streets 1 min ago
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped 44 min ago
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- Female pedestrian struck, killed in Riverside
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Toddler found playing inside toy claw machine
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015 31 min ago
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts 29 min ago
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
18 min ago