Vote 2010: Local Elections
Veterans ask Whitman to explain voting record
EAST LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A small group of veterans want Meg Whitman to do some explaining when it comes to her voting record.
They want to know why the Republican California gubernatorial candidate chose not to vote for most of her adult life.
The veterans delivered a letter to Whitman's East Los Angeles campaign office Tuesday, saying they fought to protect the right of Americans to vote.
The group said it feels offended by her apathy towards voting.
Whitman has apologized for not casting a ballot as often as she says she should have.
election, veterans, republican party, vote 2010: local elections
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Rain, winds move into Southern California
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades 54 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny 15 min ago
- OTRC: Phil Robertson suspended from 'Duck Dynasty'