Vote 2010: Local Elections
Incumbents lead many Ventura County races
VENTURA, Calif. (KABC) -- Republican Jeff Gorell led by a wide margin in the race for 37th Assembly District, which encompasses most of Santa Barbara County, the city of Ventura and half of Oxnard.
In the 37th Assembly District, which includes Thousand Oaks, Camarillo, Moorpark, Ojai, Santa Paula, Fillmore and part of Simi Valley, Democrat Das Williams took almost a three-point lead.
In both the 35th and 37th districts, the incumbents were forced out by term limits.
Don Facciano led Steven Hintz in the runoff race for county treasurer by about 6 points.
It was a close call in Simi Valley, where mayoral candidate Bob Huber took a slim lead over Steve Sojka. City council candidates Glen Becerra and Keith Mashburn led the race for two seats.
Three incumbents took the lead in the race for Camarillo City Council. Mike Morgan, Charlotte Craven and Jan McDonald were safely leading in early counts.
Incumbents led in Ojai as well, with Paul Blatz and Carol Smith ahead in the race for Ojai City Council. City clerk Carlon Strobel led for the third seat. Interim city clerk Cynthia Burrell was leading by a wide margin to keep her title. The city was rocked by turmoil over the last year when the city council voted to terminate the city manager, Jere Kersnar last summer without giving much explanation.
Incumbents David Pollock and Mark Van Dam took the lead in the race for the Moorpark City Council and Mayor Janice Parvin ran unopposed for her second two-year term.
Incumbents also found success in Thousand Oaks as council members Claudia Bill-de la Pena and Andy Fox led the pack of 13 candidates for three open city council seats. Challenger Al Adam held a narrow lead over incumbent Dennis Gillette for the third seat.
election, vote 2010: local elections
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Temple City man denies creating Bitcoin
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter