Kwame Brown Under Investigation for Sexual Assault
May 2, 2006 -- The LAPD is investigating a report of an alleged sexual assault involving Lakers player Kwame Brown.
According to a police statement, the assault allegedly happened early in the morning on April 29th.
Brown is accused of assaulting a woman in a hotel somewhere in the Los Angeles area. Investigators are not disclosing the name of the hotel, the location or a time of day. The Los Angeles district attorney's office reports that LAPD's Robbery Homicide Division is handling the investigation. That division is appointed whenever a high-profile personality is involved.
Brown is from Charleston, South Carolina. He skipped college to go pro and was a first round draft choice for the Washington Wizards. In the off-season he was traded to the Lakers.
Brown attended the team's morning shootaround, before the story broke.
- Man found dead after house fire in Orange 9 min ago
- 405 accidents snarl Sepulveda Pass commute 31 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- 4.6-magnitude Mexico quake felt in SoCal
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe?
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future