ABC7 X Games 14 Coverage
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Check abc7.com for X Games 14 coverage, interviews and extras:
- Schedule for Saturday, August 2:
- 3 p.m. - 6 p.m.: Moto X Speed & Style, BMX Superpark Final, Men's Moto X Racing Final, Women's Moto X Racing Final (ABC)
- 7 p.m. 9 p.m.: SuperMoto Final, BMX Vert Final, Skate Vert Final (ESPN2)
- 9 p.m. - 11 p.m.: Skate Vert Final, Moto X Freestyle Final (ESPN)
- Schedule for Sunday, August 3:
- 3 p.m. - 6 p.m.: Rally Car Racing Final, Skateboard Superpark Final (ABC7)
- 9 p.m. - 10 p.m.: X Center (ESPN2)
Three new disciplines at X Games 14
ESPN will debut three new disciplines at X Games 14 this summer in Los Angeles -- Skateboard and BMX SuperPark and BMX Street. SuperPark will be a 100 percent transition-focused design blending a variety of terrain and obstacles into one seamless course.
The SuperPark disciplines will highlight the all-around abilities of the world's best transition skaters and BMX riders. This will mark the first time ever that X Games will not have a stand-alone vert ramp.
In addition to Skateboard and BMX SuperPark, BMX Street will be added to X Games where it will follow the same template as X Games mainstay Skateboard Street. The concept is simple, raw street features such as stairs, rails and ledges replicated in an arena setting.
Women's motocross to debut at X Games
Women's motocross will be added to the sports line up for X Games 14, joining the other sports of BMX Freestyle, Moto X, Skateboard, Rally Car Racing and Surfing. The Women's Moto X Racing competition will include 10 of the top women motocross racers in the world competing for the gold medal in the first-time event.
Ashley Fiolek competes at X Games 14
Ashley Fiolek experiences motocross like no one else, and it's not because she's a 17-year-old girl. In a sport dominated by noise, she can't hear a thing. She's a typical, text-messaging teen, but for two things: She's a motorsports champion and she's been completely deaf since birth.
Catching up with Jake Brown
For most of the sporting world, professional vert skateboarder Jake Brown will always be known as the guy that almost died skating the Mega Ramp at the 2007 X Games. But that is only a small part of his story.
- NKorea deports captive American war veteran 6 min ago
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot 2 min ago
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- abcnews: Bill Clinton reveals insights from Mandela
- 6 detained in theft of radioactive material
- Robo-seal pups help patients fight dementia
- Long Beach motorcycle show offers demo rides
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Grammys 2014 - list of nominees