O'Malley: McCourts have lost credibility
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Long-time Los Angeles Dodgers owner Peter O'Malley called upon Frank McCourt to give up the team, saying the current ownership had lost all credibility.
O'Malley's family owned the Dodgers for 47 years before the current controversy over ownership between divorcing spouses Frank and Jamie McCourt. He had not previously made public comments about the bitter divorce but told the Los Angeles Times Thursday that the team is crying out for stability.
O'Malley denied that he was interested in owning the team again, but offered help to any potential new owners during the transition. He said he hoped to see the team owned by a small group of people from Los Angeles.
McCourt released a statement affirming his long-term ownership of the team.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
los angeles dodgers, break-up, celebrity, court case, divorce, sports
- Mandela death: So. Africa prepares for burial
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Ontario 12 min ago
- Unemployment falls to 7 pct, 203K jobs added
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow 38 min ago
- 4 local brothers are all members of LAPD
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Brutal elevator attack shocks Chinese city
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Man arrested in Paul Walker wreckage theft
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
49 min ago