Autopsy set for surfing champion Andy Irons
An autopsy is set for Wednesday to learn how former three-time world surfing champion Andy Irons died.Irons was found dead in a hotel room in Dallas, Texas Tuesday.
He was on a layover on his way home to Kauai, Hawaii.
Irons was returning from Puerto Rico where he was supposed to compete in the 2010 Rip Curl Pro Search. He withdrew from the meet, saying he had picked up an illness during an event in Portugal.
His wife Lyndie is expecting to give birth to their first child in December.
surf, celebrity, sports
- The Game raises money for family of slain boy
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver
- LAPD seeing fewer qualified applicants
- LA council OKs restrictions on e-cig sellers
- UCLA police seek sexual battery suspect
- Cold front moving across Southern California
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas wins special election
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Mysterious stillbirths baffle doctors
- 'Top Gun' woman tapped for Pentagon no. 2 job
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film