Ron Artest suspended for Game 3 of Lakers-Mavs series
LOS ANGELES -- If losing two playoff games to the Dallas Mavericks wasn't enough, the Los Angeles Lakers got more bad news Thursday. Their best defensive player, Ron Artest, has been suspended from Game 3 Friday night in Dallas.
Artest was punished by the NBA for a forearm shot to the face of Mavericks guard J.J. Barea with 24 seconds left in Game 2 on Wednesday night. Artest was immediately ejected after picking up his second technical foul. The foul was classified a flagrant foul.
"I have no reaction," Artest said after Thursday's practice. "I'm ready to move forward and play basketball."
Lakers coach Phil Jackson said Thursday he had not spoken with Artest about the suspension, but the Lakers planned to petition the league to rescind Artest's first technical foul.
The Mavericks lead the best-of-seven series 2-0.
ESPN Los Angeles contributed to this report.
los angeles lakers, dallas mavericks, sports
- James Gandolfini of 'Sopranos' dies at 51
- Tip led to ex-USC professor's Mexico arrest
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly kill LA woman
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged sex assault
- East LA chase reaches speeds close to 120 mph
- Fugitive child-abuse couple seen in Maywood
- Wrong-way driver charged with DUI in 14 pile-up
- West Hills murder suspect pleads not guilty
- FBI busts international sports gambling ring
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Piedmont beef's lower fat entices connoisseurs
- Michael Jackson chef describes confrontation
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)
- California lawmakers, governor get pay raise
13 min ago