Ron Artest suspended for Game 3 of Lakers-Mavs series
LOS ANGELES -- If losing two playoff games to the Dallas Mavericks wasn't enough, the Los Angeles Lakers got more bad news Thursday. Their best defensive player, Ron Artest, has been suspended from Game 3 Friday night in Dallas.
Artest was punished by the NBA for a forearm shot to the face of Mavericks guard J.J. Barea with 24 seconds left in Game 2 on Wednesday night. Artest was immediately ejected after picking up his second technical foul. The foul was classified a flagrant foul.
"I have no reaction," Artest said after Thursday's practice. "I'm ready to move forward and play basketball."
Lakers coach Phil Jackson said Thursday he had not spoken with Artest about the suspension, but the Lakers planned to petition the league to rescind Artest's first technical foul.
The Mavericks lead the best-of-seven series 2-0.
ESPN Los Angeles contributed to this report.
los angeles lakers, dallas mavericks, sports
- Pedestrian hit, killed on I-5 in Downey area 30 min ago
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd 2 min ago
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting 22 min ago
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- Malaysia: No debris at spot on China images
- abcnews: Amazon accused of cheating on free shipping 25 min ago
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: Kim Kardashian wears sister Kylie's bikini