OC team headed to Little League World Series
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) -- An Orange County team of youngsters is headed to the Little League World Series after beating an all-star squad from Northern California on Saturday.
Thousands of people crowded the Al Houghton Stadium for the game in San Bernardino.
The Ocean View Little League All-Stars from Huntington Beach advanced with a 2-1 victory over Red Bluff in the West Region Tournament championship game.
Ocean View right-hander Hagen Danner pitched a three-hitter, retiring the final 18 batters he faced and not walking anyone.
Ocean View will travel to South Williamsport, Pa. for a matchup against the all-stars from the Cumberland American Little League in Rhode Island, the New England Region.
The 65th Little League World Series kicks off Friday.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down 45 min ago
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- Mansion party arrests: Teens post pics online
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- 1 dead in small plane crash off Molokai, Hawaii
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain
- SAG Awards: '12 Years a Slave' leads noms
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate