OC team headed to Little League World Series
SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KABC) -- An Orange County team of youngsters is headed to the Little League World Series after beating an all-star squad from Northern California on Saturday.
Thousands of people crowded the Al Houghton Stadium for the game in San Bernardino.
The Ocean View Little League All-Stars from Huntington Beach advanced with a 2-1 victory over Red Bluff in the West Region Tournament championship game.
Ocean View right-hander Hagen Danner pitched a three-hitter, retiring the final 18 batters he faced and not walking anyone.
Ocean View will travel to South Williamsport, Pa. for a matchup against the all-stars from the Cumberland American Little League in Rhode Island, the New England Region.
The 65th Little League World Series kicks off Friday.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
- LAPD cop car crash: 1 officer dead, 1 injured
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- 2 targeted in attempted kidnap, sexual battery
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)